Translate

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

What started it all

This :


Its like a nest of very tasteful rats

Sure its a little ratty, but this sad, sad little oval(along with my grandfathers massive Lionel collection) is what got me into this fine hobby. My father, during a time of monetary instability(aka: temporarily out of work) decided to purchase a train set to keep him busy. His choice of poison then, sometime in the 90's, was Bachmann's Empire Builder. A set that is still made to this day. We even still have that rickety old Northern that came with the set.


ugh, gross man 

My father grew up with O gauge like many other people, and while I being quite young at the time, never really cared as long as what ever it was, was a train. But living in a town house space was limited, leaving N scale a very appealing option, so that's what we went with. This little loop is all we ever really had for a long time. My father finding work not long after, abandoning our small layout. But it was far too late for me. I had been bitten. Infected. It really hasn't been until recent. that I have been able to acquire my own stuff. and as such, a layout needs to be built. and built it shall. Having grown up with N scale it only seems logical that that is what I went with(with a little O thrown in for good measure). 

I've always been a fan of skyscrapers and architecture, so I will try to base this new layout on a more urban setting. preferably in the mid 30's to early 50's. So hopefully I can keep the ball rolling and see where this N-venture takes me!










No comments:

Post a Comment