Translate

Thursday, February 18, 2016

Track down, buildings up

its like a city grew here over night...

No, I didn't do all that in one night. I've actually been working on this door sized space waster for some time now. My first 2 posts may be somewhat misleading in that fact but whatever. So basically whats going on here is that at this point I've got all the basics down. all the track is layed, the city deck is up, and I've bought the first real building, Walthers Union Station. All the other buildings come from Hawk Wargames Dropzone Commander and are all just temporary card stock dealies (Dropzone will definitely show up more than once here, as they are 10mm scale which is roughly N).
      At this point only the outermost track is wired with power. I just put trains up cuz they look nice!


 You spin me right round baby


If what I described earlier about how I was thinking to do the turn table was confusing, well, now there's a picture to the words! Instead of a roundhouse like what normal people would use, I've decided to do this...yea, I know, but I like it so what the hell.


A glorified  table


This third picture is supposed to be showing off that sweet drawer in the middle I so expertly fabricated(I'm surprised it even worked actually). This is where all the electronic goodies will go, and hopefully some useful storage too. Its just made from a few bits of scrap wood I had lying around the house, and a small sheet of lauan and sliders I picked up at the hardware store. its held in with about 8 hollow core/drywall mollies. I probably went a tad overboard with em' but I really don't want that falling off on me. now that would be a bad day!

Next stop, New Port City

No comments:

Post a Comment